Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Colon Cancer Images Am I At Greater Risk For Developing Cancer From Having X-ray Tests Over The Years?

Am I at greater risk for developing cancer from having x-ray tests over the years? - colon cancer images

I have a history of back problems and had some of my lumbar radiographs. Even with my third myelogram, a fluroscope (real time radiography) in addition to static images of X-rays and a CT scan used later. I also had some of the GIs of the small intestine and higher.
These tests were performed several times in the last 13-14 years. After a myelogram, I began to wonder about the amount of radiation absorbed, my body through it all. When radiologists are there, what is the risk of getting cancer later in life? Reduce the intensity of the X-ray, which is the body that is occurring, it is also possible to develop deep tissue damage (such as colon, prostate, etc.) on the skin?

2 comments:

Steve133... said...

If you wore a vest in all these procedures, the risk is low. If you have had a lot of X-ray, I mean, Manny, you can increase the risk, but if you have concerns, speak to a doctor.

ER Nurse said...

Everyone is exposed to radiation every day, and increases the amount of radiation increases the risk of cancer. Nothing to do to reverse the risk because exposure to their radiation affects cellular DNA. I am a nurse, and I read out a newsletter last week, an abdominal CT, the increased cancer risk to 1 / 1000. If you have a scanner, thus increasing the risk (eg 1 / 500). Thus, ED physicians try to reduce the number of CT was performed so often. However, X-rays have less radiation CT-The report noted that 500 X-ray scan of the chest call for a freezer.
To the extent of damage in tissue is the only risk if you) have a high radiation exposure (radiation, as in the explosion of a nuclear reactor. To be medically diagnosed, the risk of tissue damage to virtually none.

Post a Comment